GA Capsules Notes For RRB JE and SSC 2019
RRB JE Preparation For General Awareness
General Awareness section requires your knowledge of the events and issues of national and international importance. It is an easy section provided you read newspapers and magazines on a regular basis and are aware of what is happening. Most of the candidates ignore this section because of this reason. Go through the tips mentioned below to prepare for this section:
- Watch news daily. Watching news is a better way to absorb and retain the necessary information.
- Read newspapers on a daily basis. Reading newspapers will help you stay updated with the events taking place both at the national and international levels.
- Solve the quizzes of all genres.
- Also, refer to your school GK books to enhance your general knowledge.
- Do not restrict yourself to a single topic. Be open to knowing about sports, politics, books, awards, entertainment etc.
- Do not avoid essential topics like finance, economy, science, the latest development in railways, etc.
- Refer to the previous year papers to get an idea about the type of static GK asked in the exam and prepare accordingly.
India’s Most Affordable Premium Practice Set
SSC CGL General Awareness Preparation: Syllabus
|Ancient History: Harappa Civilization||Basic Geography – Physical: Mountains, Oceans, Rivers, Deserts, etc.|
|Ancient History: Gupta Dynasty||Basic Geography – Agriculture, soils, Climate, Rainfall, monsoon etc|
|Ancient India: Cholas, Pallavas||Basic Geography – Solar system|
|Pandyas, Rashtrakutas||Basic Geography – Indian Geography, Rivers, lakes, mountains, highways etc|
|Delhi Sultanate||Basic Economic facts – Organisations, schemes etc|
|Mughals – Akbar and Later Mughals||Economics: Monetary policy, Economic Survey|
|Modern India – 1857 Revolt||Basic Economic concepts – GDP, National Income, Inflation etc|
|Modern India – Social Reformers||Basic Physics: Newton’s Laws, Forces, Matter and its properties etc|
|Modern India – Congress (before Gandhi)||Basic Physics: Electricity and Its Properties|
|Modern India – Congress (after Gandhi)||Basic Physics: Thermodynamics|
|Modern India – Congress (after Gandhi) Satyagraha’s||Basic Chemistry: Periodic table, Atomic structure, etc.|
|Modern India – 1940’s independence||Basic Chemistry: Metals and Non-metals, etc.|
|Polity – Constitution (Constituent Assembly facts)||Basic Chemistry: Carbon, Hydrogen etc|
|Polity – Impact of other constitutions on Indian Constitution||Basic Chemistry: Nuclear Science|
|Polity: Powers of President, Vice President,||Biology: Human anatomy|
|Rights & Powers of Supreme Court & High Court (Habeas Corpus), CAG, Election Commission, Emergency Provisions, Union, State, and Concurrent Lists||Biology: Diseases, Nutrition etc|
|Fundamental Rights, Duties, Panchayat Raj System||Current Affairs|
Download GA Capsules Now
You May Also Like Some of Our Best E-Books & Practice Sets