History Notes 50 MCQ For Various Competitive Exams
1. About whose kingdom is it said “the dominion of the lord of the universe extended from Delhi to
(A) Qutbuddin Aibak
(B) Naseeruddin Mahmud Tughlaq
(C) Mohammad Gazni
(D) Alam Shah
2. Who was the first Muslim writer to make use of Hindi words and adopt Indian poetic imagery and
(A) Hasan Nizami
(B) Amir Khusaro
(C) Abul Fazal
(D) Abdul Qadir Badauni
3. Which of the following is incorrect?
(A) Guru Nanak did not believe in rebirth
(B) Guru Nanak discarded idol worship
(C) Guru Nanak discarded the caste system
(D) Guru Nanak emphasized devotion to God as the means of attaining Salvation
4. Who wrote Tarikh-ul-Hind?
5. Which Bhakti Saint is known as the bridge between north and south?
(D) None of these
6. Which one of the following Rashtrakuta kings defeated Pratihara ruler Nagabhatta I?
(A) Govinda III
(B) Krishna III
(C) Bhoja I
(D) Gopala I
7. Asvamedha Yajna from among Chalukya rulers was performed by —
(A) Pulkesin I
(B) Kirtivarman I
(C) Pulkesin II
(D) Vikramaditya I
8. Which one was the Port of Cheras?
9. The first ruler of India who defeated Muhammad of Ghor was —
(A) Mularaja II of Gujarat
(B) Prithviraj Chauhan of Delhi
(C) Jayachandra of Kannauj
(D) Parmaldeva of Bundelkhand
10. The head of a guild in ancient and early medieval India was called—
11. The Gita was compiled by—
(B) Krishna Vasudev
12. ‘Manusmriti’ regards the reign lying between -the rivers Sarasvati and Drishadwati as—
(C) Brahmashri Desa
(D) Madhya Desa
13. Buddhist scriptures were written in—
14. Which, among the following Scholarly works, was not written by Bhavbhuti?
(C) Uttar Ramcharita
15. Under whom did Tulsidas write Ramcharitmanasa—
16. Where is Kalibangan situated?
(A) Himachal Pradesh
(B) West Bengal
(C) Uttar Pradesh
17. Brahmani bull for Indus valley people was—
(A) Unknown animal
(B) Well known animal
(C) Sacred animal
(D) Sacrificial animal
18. Harappan people had known to use of—
(A) 16 & its multiples
(B) 12 & its multiples
(C) 8 & its multiples
(D) 4 & its multiples
19. A hoard of copper images generally assigned to the Harappan culture phase has been found
20. The largest number of seals of the Harappan culture is made of—
21. When did China receive Buddhism?
(A) Third century B .C.
(B) First century B.C.
(C) First century A.D.
(D) Third Century AD.
22. Who was Bhadrabahu?
(A) He was the first Tirthankara of the Jainas
(B) He was a Vedic Rishi
(C) He was a Buddhist monk
(D) He was the sixth guru of the Jainas
23. Which of the following is incorrect?
(A) Mahayanism teaches non-reality of phenomenal objects
(B) Mahayanism accepts the conception of countless Buddhas and Bodhisattvas
(C) Mahayanism defies Buddha
(D) Mahayanism rejects the worship of God & Goddess
24. Jain works were compiled in—
25. How many cities were in existence during Buddha’s time?
26. Which one of the following was the most common occupation for slaves?
(A) Agricultural labor
(B) Working in guilds
(C) Domestic service in Households
(D) Settlement in newly cleared areas
27. The theory of the origin of the state not mentioned in the Vedic literature is—
(A) The contract theory
(B) The force theory
(C) The evolutionary theory
(D) The divine theory
28. The consensus among historians that the Vedic age began earliest in—
(A) 1200—1000 B.C.
(B) 2500—800 B.C.
(C) 2500 B.C.
(D) 1000 BC.
29. Which was the first book to deal with Music?
30. The Neolithic Age dates bark to—
(A) 60003000 B.C.
(B) 4000—3000 B.C.
(D) 3000-1000 B.C.
31. In ancient times ‘Sectora’ was situated in—
(A) The Mouth of the Mediterranean Sea
(B) The Mouth of Indus valley
(C) The Mouth of Narmada River
(D) The Mouth of Red sea
32. Prehistoric axes are found at—
33. The earliest Iron age occupation in India has been associated with—
(A) Ochre colored pottery
(B) Black and red ware
(C) Painted grey ware
(D) Northern black polished ware
34. There is evidence of the proto-Australoid, the Mediterranean, Alpine and Mongoloid in the skeletal
(A) Mohenjodaro site
(B) Harappan site
35. The large hoard of copper comes from Gungeria in—
(A) Utter Pradesh
(B) Madhya Pradesh
(C) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Arunachal Pradesh
36. The Gupta gold and silver issues were initially based on the coins of the —
(A) Romans and the Saka Kshatrapas
(B) Kushanas and Yaudheyas
(C) Kushanas and Saka Kshatrapas
(D) Romans and Kushanas
37. The ultimate ownership of land during the post-Gupta period lay with —
(A) The cultivation
(B) The village community
(C) The king
(D) The joint family
38. ‘Svayamvara’ was a special form of —
(A) Gandharva marriage
(B) Paisacha marriage
(C) Rakshasa marriage
(D) Brahma marriage
39. Which one of the following is not matched correctly?
(A) Angela — Unit of linear measure
(B) Veli — Unit for measuring space
(C) Kalam — Unit of liquid measure
(D) Kalanju— Unit of weight
40. Dhavanyaloka is —
(A) An epic poem
(B) A work on poetics
(C) A play
(D) A work on Buddhist epistemology
41. Gupta ruler revived one of the following religions —
42. Export-trade in pre-Gupta age was most extensive with—
(A) South East-Asia
(C) Central Asia
(D) Roman Empire
43. The Mughal Emperor, who built the Peacock Throne? – –
(D) Shah Jahan
44. Aurangzeb face toughest opposition from—
45. How did Akbar get rid of the authority of the Ulemas?
(A) He founded Din-i-Ilahi
(B) He appointed Hindus to the highest posts in the empire
(C) He invited the representatives of all religions for religious debates at the Ibadat Khana
(D) He issued an infallibility decree in 1579
46. Which of the following officers held the office of minister under the Mughals?
47. Mewar accepted the Suzerainty of the Mughals during the reign of—
(C) Shah Jahan
(D) None of these
48. Shivaji conquered many forts. Which was first—?
49. In Mughal period Zamindars were—
(D) Revenue plunders
50. Mahmud Gawan was a Prime Minister of the…kingdom.
India’s Most Affordable Premium Practice Set