How to Improve Speed & Accuracy For Banking Exam
Banking exams are all about accuracy and speed; you can never skip any one of the aspects if you want to clear Bank Exams. But the point is that your speed and accuracy in the exam depends a lot on questions you attempt first. Even after well preparations some students get nervous and do not perform well during an exam.
Without wasting any time, here we are sharing some tips that might be useful for you to score well in upcoming Banking Exams.
As we know that all the banking examsare time bounded, Speed and accuracy become a major factor to score well in these exams. Consider the following cases:
Case I: A student attempting 90 out of 100 but with 60% accuracy.
Case II: A student attempting 80 out of 100 but with 70% accuracy.
We all know case 2 is favorable to score more in the exam. As there is no shortcut to success, likewise there is no short route to increase your speed or accuracy in a day or two. Although short tricks will help you improve your speed, it will take months of practice to master it.
Increasing speed or accuracy is not a day`s task. Speed and accuracy demand practice as well as revision of the studied topics. One of the ways you can improve speed and efficiency is to make a habit of tempting daily mocks and online tests. There are several other ways to boost speed and accuracy. To help you score in a better way, we have come in some ways for you to improve your exam performance.
1. Lay the groundwork: To start with, you must clear your basics of all the important topics. Your command of basic concepts will assist you to lay a firm groundwork. Make a habit of studying as well as revising the basic concepts until you master it. There must be a single question buzzing in the mind of the aspirant that “How to know I’ve mastered the basics”. The answer to the question is when you will start analyzing or make a ladder of answer finding process in your mind by looking at the question only.
2. Polishing your weak areas: You have to mend up your weak areas to score better. For this, at first, you have to figure out the topics or areas where you lack behind. Students often think that practicing strong areas will make them score better but what about you loose ends? You need to burn fuel to polish your weak areas as well. You need to pay more attention to weak areas than the stronger one. The more you polish your weak areas, the more will be the chances of scoring efficiently in the exam.
3. Managing time efficiently: Students have to understand the importance of time management. Suppose you know how to solve all the given questions but if you are not capable to manage them in accordance with the given time period, then it`s a complete waste of knowledge you have. You have to build a practice that you solve the maximum number of questions in the given time frame. Just aim to solve the questions accurately and speedily. Even a small practice of say 8-10 questions should be time-bounded.
4. Mock Test is the key: Practicing mock test will increase your efficiency. Do not give maximum time to a single question while attempting the mock test. Check the detailed solution after attempting the test. Sometimes, you solve the question using the long method and when you analyze the solutions, you find short/ better tricks to solve those questions. With time, Mock tests will definitely help you boost up your speed and accuracy.
5. Keep a stopwatch while practicing: During an exam, every second count. Make a habit of using a stopwatch while practicing the questions. This will help you to keep track of the time more accurately. You will be able to analyze the whole scenario eg. in which questions you are taking much time, where you have to improve your speed and what short tricks you need to learn.
6. Calculate the time you should spend on each question: In current banking exams scenario, time to spend on each section is already decided. What you have to do is try to solve the questions before time. Imagine if you have 5 minutes left to resolve the questions you left unsolved. This method will make you efficient and help you score well.
Let us assume that you aim to attempt minimum of 20 questions in each section. By calculating, you have roughly 1 minute to solve one question. Suppose, after 1 minute, you’re still not done with the question, it’s time to speed up. Remember that If you get stuck, move on. If you don’t know the process to solve a problem, be calm and jump to the next one. Time is ticking. You can come back to that question with a fresh start after completing all other questions.
Follow all the above-mentioned tips to increase your speed and accuracy. Always remember that speed and accuracy works in parallel.
1. More Speed, Less Accuracy: In this case, you will score fewer marks. So, here is a need to improve accuracy by polishing your weaker areas.
2. Less Speed, More Accuracy: Here, students needs to just focus on short tricks. Also, solve all the questions in a particular time frame so as to score good marks.
3. Less Speed, Less Accuracy: In this case, have to work on both speed as well as accuracy. Work on above-mentioned factors, otherwise, it will be difficult for you to score good marks.
4. More Speed, More Accuracy: All the students make an aim to come fit into this case. Students just have to focus on more practice so as to achieve a high score and clear the cut off with a good marginal number.
Students, check in which of the above case you lies and work on your performance accordingly. Here we end up article on how one can improve speed and accuracy in the upcoming banking exams. Follow the above-given guidelines to have an extra edge over other aspirants