IBPS SO Salary | Carrer Growth | Job Profile
IBPS recruits Specialist Officers every year for various posts under different departments. The main reason for SO post being a sought-after position is the salary and various allowances.
The basic pay of an IBPS SO is Rs. 23,700/- for Scale 1. There are various other perks and allowances entitled to the post.
IBPS SO Salary in India
The IBPS SO Salary varies according to the posts and grade.
The IBPS SO Salary will also be revised once the 11th Bipartite Settlement is completely implemented. Employees can expect an increment of 40% in the basic pay of IBPS SO salary.
The IBPS SO Salary details for various posts are given below:
|Grade||IBPS SO Salary|
|Officer Scale I||Monthly salary– Rs. 36400/-Pay Scale– Rs. 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020|
|Officer Scale-II||Monthly salary- Rs. 48800/-Pay Scale- Rs. 31705-1145/1-32850-1310/10-45950|
|Officer Scale III||Monthly salary- Rs. 64600/-Pay Scale- Rs. 42020-1310/5-48570-1460/2-51490|
The IBPS SO Salary includes dearness allowance and HRA for all the grades.
The allowances and perks in the IBPS SO Salary are given below:
|IBPS SO Salary- Allowances|
|House Rent Allowance||7%-9%(Location dependent)|
|Dearness Allowance||Rs 8605.88|
|Special Allowance||7.75%(Scale I)|
|City Compensatory Allowance||0-4%(depends on location)|
IBPS SO Career growth
Apart from the IBPS SO salary, there is a major scope of growth as a Specialist Officer. There are internal Interview and promotional exams which are conducted at regular intervals of time to provide a better career prospect to its employees.
The major career options that a SO can opt through the promotion are:
- Scale 1 – Officer / Assistant Manager
- Scale 2 – Manager
- Scale 3 – Senior Manager
- Scale 4 – Chief Manager
- Scale 5 – Asst. General Manager
- Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager
- Scale 7 – General Manager.
Aspirants who have any Specialised degree and are interested in joining the banking sector must opt for the IBPS SO exam. It not only provides perks and a decent salary but in terms of growth, it is a great option.
The roles and responsibilities of IBPS SO vary from post to post under different departments.
There are other government exams which also have a great designation, career, and salary.
IBPS SO Job Profile
The job profile for each post under IBPS SO is based on the specialisation a candidate opts for. Given below is the job profile for each post under IBPS SO in brief:
- IT Officer – Responsible for the online portals, Core Banking Systems, saving the Softwares and online applications from cybercrime and managing any technical glitch in the system of the Organisation
- Agricultural Officer – Mainly responsible for the rural field projects managed by the Bank and coordinating with NABARD and other rural development Organisations
- Marketing Officer – Emphasizing on the sales and marketing activities of the Banking Organisation
- Law Officer – All legal activities are to be taken care of by the Law Officer. All rules and guidelines as mentioned by RBI must be followed
- HR/ Personnel Officer – Coordinating with employees, evaluating the performance of an employee and working for the welfare of employees
- Rajbhasha Adhikari – Promoting the official languages is one of the most important responsibilities of a Rajbhasha Adhikari