LIC AAO Salary: The Life Insurance Corporation of India invites applications as per the need to recruit eligible candidates as Administrative Assistant Officers in respective departments. Here, we will discuss the LIC AAO Salary and Job Profile. While the official notification for LIC AAO 2023 is yet to be released, we expect the salary structure and other perks to be the same as the previous recruitment cycle.
- The basic pay of an LIC AAO is INR 32,795/month.
- An LIC AAO gets many perks and benefits such as HRA and CCA, besides earning a healthy sum.
- An LIC AAO stands high chances of being promoted to Assistant Officer after certain years of work experience on the back of his/her hard work.
We will be discussing these facts in detail here in this article. You will get to know the major perks of being a LIC AAO and get acquainted with the basic job roles and responsibilities of the post.
Table of Contents
LIC AAO Salary Structure and Allowances 2023
The below Salary Structure has been prepared as per the revised LIC AAO Salary, the candidates who are dreaming for the job opportunity of LIC Assistant Administrative Officer must be aware of the increased Salary of LIC AAO.
|LIC AAO Salary Structure 2023 (Revised)|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 53,600|
|Special Allowance||Rs. 4,500|
|Transport Allowance||Rs. 1,960|
|Gross Salary||Rs. 85,612|
|Deduction (PF/Income Tax/Professional Tax/Pension)||Rs. 10,561|
|Net Salary||Rs. 75,051|
LIC AAO Salary 2023 Deduction
From the Gross Salary of LIC AAO i.e. Rs. 85,612, the following monthly deductions will be done after which the officers get the in-hand salary of Rs. 75,051. Check the LIC AAO Salary Deduction as detailed below.
|LIC AAO Salary Deduction|
|NEW GI||Rs. 137/-|
|Total Deductions||Rs. 10,561|
LIC AAO Salary 2023- Probation Period
A candidate after appointment shall be on probation for a period of one year from the date of joining. This period may be extended up to two years. During the period of probation, the candidates will be subjected to continuous assessment as per the Corporation’s extant policy. If any candidate fails to achieve the minimum standard stipulated his/he
LIC AAO Salary- Guarantee Bond
LIC has fixed a Guarantee Bond for the candidates who are selected for the post of LIC AAO (Assistant Administrative Officer). Before joining as a Probationer, candidates will be required to give the undertaking to serve LIC for a minimum period of four years from the date of joining (including the probationary period) failing which, he/she or his /her heirs, executors, administrators will be liable to pay liquidated damages of Rs.5,00,000/-only (Rupees Five Lakhs only) + GST or the sum of amount the Executive Director (Personnel) may prescribe from time to time. GST or any other tax payable shall also be borne by the candidate.
LIC AAO Allowances and Benefits 2023
A job as a LIC AAO is indeed a prestigious one. The candidates do their level best to crack the selection stages and get placed at their dream jobs. There are ample reasons behind LIC AAO being so popular. Other than receiving a heavy sum as the in-hand salary, the employee receives numerous perks and benefits such as the allowances. The details are well explained in the below table.
|Allowances and Benefits Overview|
|House Rent Allowances (HRA)||Usually provided to the employees to compensate with the cost of living, especially in metropolitan cities. It depends on the area of posting. In the case of big cities, The HRA will be 7%, 8%, 9% of the basic pay.|
|City Compensatory Allowances||The CCA is also dependent on the city of posting, it might be 3%, 4% or even 0% of the basic LIC AAO pay structure.|
|Dearness Allowance (DRA)||The DRA is revised every quarter, depending on the Consumer Price index. This usually gets affected with the rise or fall in inflation. The DRA figures are around 40% of the basic LIC AAO Pay.|
LIC AAO In-Hand Salary 2023
Calculating and analysing the pay figures, it is noted that the candidates’ gross salary is INR 58,000 to INR 60,00 per month. Sounds great, right? Check the additional benefits of being an LIC AAO in the below paragraphs. This is the salary of the candidates recruited through the 2020 recruitment drive. Any changes to the pay structure for the 2023 cycle will be updated here.
LIC AAO Emoluments and Major Details
- Total emoluments in addition to HRA and CCA whenever applicable, on the basis of posting (area wise), will approximately get to INR 58,000 in a month (in-hand).
- Candidates also receive other benefits like Defined Contributory Pension, Special Allowance for passing Actuarial Examination, Gratuity, Cash Medical benefit, LTC, Group Mediclaim, Group Personal Assistant Insurance, Vehicle Loan (2 wheeler/4 wheeler), meal coupon, mobile handset, reimbursement towards the cost of briefcase/leather bags, the supply of daily and magazines, mobile expenses, etc, all as per rules.
- Selected candidates as LIC AAO, with two years of post-experience post-qualification on the date of eligibility, are eligible to get two years advance increment.
LIC AAO Job Profile
The candidates who meet the LIC AAO Eligibility Criteria are eligible to take the exam. The job of a LIC AAO is actually a desk job. It basically revolves around the administrative work in LIC. Prior knowledge about the job roles and responsibilities of a LIC AAO, will help you work confidently in case you crack the selection phases. There is a major list of work roles to be carried out by the employee with efficiency. The tasks to be carried out by them are,
- Formulating new schemes and checking the already existing and new policies.
- Supervising and filing claims and settlements of the customers.
- Rendering assistance and coordinating with the respective other departments as well.
- Maintaining cordial relations with the customers, interacting with them, and coming up with the solutions to their queries.
- Completing tasks on time, as assigned by the higher departmental authorities.
- Inspection of existing facts and pointing out factual errors.
LIC AAO Career Growth
At LIC, the promotion is not that proactive. However, it is mandatory to serve at least 5 to 7 yeast to be eligible for the promotion.
1: After having a decent experience for a certain period of time, the candidates can be promoted to Administrative Officer (AO)-Assistant Divisional Manager (ADM)-Divisional Manager- Senior Division Manager- Zonal Manager and so on.
2: There are also scopes of being promoted to other departments, based on the performance and efficiency of the candidates. Some of the major branches are:
- Finance Accounts
- New Business
- Information Technology
- Policy Servicing
- Marketing Sales
LIC AAO Salary and Job Profile 2023 FAQs
Q1. Is LIC AAO Salary revised?
Ans. Yes, LIC AAO Salary has been revised and now the initial basic pay is Rs. 53600 which was earlier Rs. 34,405.
Q2. What is the in-hand salary of LIC AAO?
Ans. The in-hand salary of LIC Assistant Administrative Officer ranges between Rs. 75,000 to Rs. 78,000.
Q3. What is the probation period for LIC AAO?
Ans. A candidate after appointment shall be on probation for a period of one year from the date of joining.