Math Word Problems Questions PDF For SBI PO
Math Word Problems Questions PDF For SBI PO: The State Bank of India (SBI) will conduct the SBI PO 2019 recruitment exam in the month of June. A large number of aspirants are expected to apply for the SBI PO 2019 exam. It is one of the most desired competitive exams in India as it offers a prestigious career option for candidates looking for banking and government sector jobs.
SBI PO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
This section requires you to have a fair knowledge of your high school Mathematics. The section tests both your Mathematical and analytical skill. The topics for this section are listed below:
Profit and Loss
Mixtures and Allegations
Simple and Compound Interest
Surds and Indices
Work and Time
Time and Distance
Ratio and Proportion
Sequence and Series
Permutation and Combination
Solving Math Word Problems
Solving word problems can be both a challenging and rewarding activity (like many things that are challenging!). They help students to see math in the real world and they encourage and give a reason for them to learn the underlying concepts and operations.
Below are some tips and techniques that can help with solving word problems.
- Read the question carefully. Depending on the complexity and length of the problem, it may require at least one re-reading.
- Take your time. This is perhaps easier to say that it is to do, especially if you are taking a test or being assessed against the clock. Nevertheless, time is taken to fully understand a problem can be made up by more quickly solve it.
- Highlight keywords, language, and phrases. Underline or use a highlighter pen. Take notes in the margin.
- Ignore irrelevant information. Sometimes information that does not relate directly to the problem is included. Score out such information so it does not cause confusion.
- Complete all the steps. In some multi-step word problems, there can be a temptation to stop before all the steps are complete. For example, with “..how much is left?” type questions, the hard part is finding how much has been used, and since it takes so long to work this out, the final subtraction from the original total step can be forgotten.
- Write your answer in full. For example, if the question is “How many runs did John score?”; answer “John scored 8 runs.” Do not just write “8”.
- Show your working. This will help when you check your answer and, even if you get the final solution wrong, you might get credit for your correct steps and calculations.
- Check to see if your answer makes sense. Ask yourself whether your answer should be bigger or smaller than the number you started with? Check that it is.
Download Math Word Problems PDF
India’s Most Affordable Premium Practice Set
You May Also Like Some of Our Best E-Books & Practice Sets
- Math E-Book PDF For Railway Exams RR NTPC RR JE Etc.
- 950+ GA PDF For SBI IBPS SSC Railway UPSC In Hindi
- 700 General Awareness Question PDF Asked in Previous Bank Exams
- English Error Detection Pdf for Bank exam Like SBI IBPS RRB Etc.
- Coding decoding Questions PDF For RRB NTPC Exam
- Chemistry One Liner PDF For RRB NTPC and JE
- Best 100 Number System Questions PDF For RRB NTPC & SSC Exams
- Indian Polity MCQ PDF For Various Competitive Exams