Railway Ticket Collector Salary 2023: The information regarding Nainital Bank Clerk Salary 2023 has been discussed here in this article. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is conducted to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Ticket Collector. The job role of a Ticket Collector is to travel along with the train and check the ticket of the passengers traveling on the train.
They are also deployed on platforms of the Railway Stations. The TC has also the authority to penalize passengers who travel without any valid ticket. The pay scale of the RRB TC is decided by the central government as all the employees of the Indian Railways come under Central Government.
The RRB TC Salary structure is one of the best factors that make the candidates choose this job. In this article, we will discuss the RRB TC salary details, RRB TC salary in hand, RRB TC salary per month, RRB TC complete salary structure, and various other allowances that RRB TC gets. Before applying for the RRB TC exam the candidates have a detailed view of the RRB TC Salary. Here we provide a clear view of the pay scale, allowances, job profile, and promotions along with RRB TC Salary 2023.
In this article, we will discuss the RRB TC salary details, RRB TC salary in hand, RRB TC salary per month and Railway Ticket Collector complete salary structure, and various other allowances that RRB TC gets.
Table of Contents
Railway TC Job Profile
- The TC needs to check whether the passenger has Ticket for travelling or not.
- If the passenger tickets are invalid he has the authority to fine the passenger.
- He can be posted on the platforms to ensure people are travelling by valid train tickets and platform tickets
RRB TC Salary Structure
The TC in the Indian Railways has a very good pay scale and they are also given some additional allowances which increase their salary further. Below is the detailed salary structure of an RRB TC/TTE. The TC compensation in the Indian Railways is pretty good. They are also granted several additional allowances that raise their earnings even more. The wage structure of an RRB TC/TTE is described below.
|Particulars||X Class City||Y Class City||Z Class City|
|D.A. (Dearness Allowance)||3,689||3,689||3,689|
RRB TC Salary: HRA Calculation
X Class city:
- HRA or House Rental Allowance depends on the city the employee is posted in.
- HRA of an X-class city employee is 24% of the basic pay.
- i.e. 21700 * 24% = Rs.5,208/-
- However, the minimum HRA rate in an X-class city is Rs. 5,400/-
Y Class City:
- Employees posted in Y class city have a different House Rental Allowance.
- HRA of a Y-class city employee is 16% of the basic pay.
- i.e. 21,700 * 16% = Rs.3,472/-
- However, the minimum HRA rate in a Y-class city is Rs. 3,600/-
Z Class City:
- Employees posted in Z-class cities which are mostly villages will get fewer allowances than X and Y-class employees.
- HRA of Z class city employees is 8% of the basic pay.
- i.e. 21,700 * 8% = Rs.1,736/-
- However, the minimum HRA rate in a Z-class city is Rs. 1,800/-
RRB TC In-Hand Salary
The RRB TC in hand Salary ranges from Rs.3,600/- to 45,000/- depending on whether he/she is posted on a train or the platform.
RRB TC Job Profile
- The TC has to be in charge of a coach
- The TC must ensure that the passenger has a valid ticket. When a passenger’s ticket is invalid, he has the power to fine the passenger.
- During busy hours, the TC might patrol the platforms. They must make sure that train tickets and platform tickets are valid.
- Retirees are entitled to a gratuity.
- All medical expenditures are incurred by the employee and his or her dependents.
- Upon retirement, the employee receives a pension. The dependents also receive a pension if the employee dies.
- Quarters for railway workers.
- Employees and dependents receive free/discounted rail travel.
RRB TC Salary: Annual Allowances:
The aspirants here check the annual allowances of RRB TC Salary.
|Children Education Allowance||Rs. 27,000/- per child|
|Hostel Subsidy||Rs. 81,000/- per child|
|Diwali Bonus||Rs. 17,951/-|
Other Allowances in RRB TC Salary:
Every person who is chosen for the RRB TC position not only receives basic pay but also receives extra perks and allowances.
|Travelling Allowances||Rs. 500/- per day|
|Night Duty Allowance (10 P.M. – 6 A.M.)||Rs. 127/- per unit (1 unit = 6 hours)|
|National Holiday Allowance||Rs. 477/- per day|
Perks and Benefits
- Gratuity at the time of retirement
- Free/Discounted railway travel for employees and dependents
- Pension after retirement to the employee and after the employee’s death to dependent
- Railway Quarters
- All medical expenses of the employee and dependents
Deductions from RRB TC Salary:
There will be deductions from the RRB TC in-hand salary. They are mentioned below:
|New Pension Scheme||10% of (Basic Pay + Dearness Allowance)i.e. (21,700+3,689) * 10% = Rs. 2,539/-|
|Railway Employees Insurance Scheme||Rs. 30/- per month|
|Employees Union, Majdoor Union||Varies for different Zones|
|Professional Tax||Depends on State|
RRB TC Promotion
Below is the career path of an RRB TC starting from TE/TTE up to CTI. Railways hire applicants as TEs and then elevate them to CTIs based on their performance. The RRB TC Career Growth/Promotion is applicable by the guidelines outlined below.
|Post Name||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|TE/TTE (Ticket Examiner/Traveling Ticket Examiner)||5200-20200-1900||2000|
|Sr.TE/Sr.TTE (Senior Ticket Examiner/Senior Travelling Ticket Examiner) Sr.TE/Sr – TTE||5200-20200-2400||2800|
|TTI (Traveling Ticket Inspector)||9300-34800-4200||4200|
|CTI (Chief Ticket Inspector)||9300-34800-4600||4600|
Railway Ticket Collector salary 2023: FAQs
Q1. What is the job role of TC/TTE?
Ans. The job role of a TC/TTE is to verify the tickets of the passengers traveling with the Indian Railways.
Q2. What is the Basic Pay of a TC/TTE?
Ans. The Basic Pay of TC/TTE is Rs. 21700/-
Q3. What is the House Rental Allowance of a TC/TTE?
Ans. HRA depends on the place of posting of the employee. It is 24% in X class city, 16% in Y class city, 8% in Z class city.
Q4. What is the transport allowance of a TC/TTE?
Ans. The transport allowance is 4212 in a metropolitan city whereas it is 2106 in other cities.
Q5. What is a National Holiday Allowance?
Ans. If a TTE travels during a national holiday then he is given a certain allowance named National Holiday Allowance.