RRB Group D Syllabus 2020: Railway Recruitment Board will be recruiting candidates this year to fill 1,03,769 vacancies for the posts of Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant in various technical departments (Electrical, Mechanical, and S&T departments), Assistant Pointsman, Level-I posts in other departments of Indian Railways.
This is a great opportunity for all the young aspirants to work as an employee in railways. In this post, we will discuss the RRB Group D Syllabus in detail that will help the aspirants in the long run.
Railway Group D Syllabus 2020 in detail:
The questions asked in the exam will be of objective type with multiple choices and will be based on 10th Standard level, Let’s Look at RRB GROUP D Syllabus subject-wise:
Railway Group D Syllabus: Mathematics
- Number System
- LCM & HCF,
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance,
- Simple and Compound Interest,
- Profit and Loss,
- Elementary Statistics,
- Square root,
- Age Calculations,
- Calendar & Clock,
- Pipes & Cistern etc.
Railway Group D Syllabus: General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Alphabetical and Number Series,
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical operations,
- Venn Diagrams
- Data Interpretation and Sufficiency,
- Conclusions and Decision making,
- Similarities and Differences,
- Analytical Reasoning,
- Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
Railway Group D Syllabus for General Science
The RRC Group D Syllabus for General Science is based on 10th Standard CBSE Level and hence the below topics are likely to be asked:
- Units and measurements
- Force and Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Light- Reflection and Refraction
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Scientific Instruments
- Important Discoveries Relating to Physics
- Sources of Energy
- Atoms and Molecules
- Structure of Atom
- Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Periodic Classification of Elements
- Chemical Bonding
- Oxidation & Reduction
- Combustion and Flame
- Acids, Bases & Salts
- Carbon & its Compounds
- Synthetic fibers and Plastics
- Metals & Non-Metals
- Common Facts and discoveries in chemistry
- Classification of Organism
- Heredity and Evolution
- Botany: Classification of Plant Kingdom, Plant Morphology, Plant Tissue, Photo-synthesis, Plant Hormones, Plant Diseases
- Ecology & Environment
- Zoology: Classification of Animal Kingdom, Animal Tissue, Human Blood, Organ & Organ System, Human blood and blood groups
- Human Eye
- Human Diseases
- Natural Resources
Railway Group D Syllabus 2020 for General Awareness
The RRC Group D Syllabus for General Awareness as provided in the official notification of RRC Group D is as given below:
- Current affairs in Science & Technology,
- Politics and any other subject of importance.
RRB Group D Exam Pattern
All Candidates will have to undergo a computer-based test with multiple choice questions for RRC Group-D Exam 2020, the examination duration and number of questions for CBT of which are provided below:
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||General Science||25||25||90 Minutes|
|3||General Intelligence & Reasoning||30||30|
|4||General Awareness On Current Affairs||20||20|
RRB Group D Syllabus 2020: FAQs
What is the maximum age limit for OBC, SC, and ST?
Ans: For OBC, the maximum age limit is 36 years and for SC/ST maximum age limit is 38 years.
Which subjects are covered under Group D exam?
Ans: The subjects include General Science, General Awareness, Reasoning and Mathematics. All in all, there will be 100 objective type questions and the exam duration will 90 minutes.
Is there negative marking in the exam?
Ans : Yes, there is negative marking. 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. So, candidates are advised not to try their guesses in case they are not 100% sure about the answer.
What is the maximum and minimum age limits for general category students?
Ans : The minimum age limit is 18 years, and the maximum age limit is 33 years.