SSC CHSL 2020 Notification: SSC CHSL 2020-21 Exam Notification Released containing all the details regarding the procedure to apply, eligibility criteria, selection process, exam pattern, syllabus, etc has been uploaded on the official website on 6th November 2020. The Application process was concluded on 15th December 2020.
What is SSC CHSL Exam?
SSC CHSL stands for Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) examination conducted for the recruitment of posts that require only 12th pass as the minimum educational qualification. Candidates are eligible for the following posts under SSC CHSL:
- Data Entry Operator (DEO),
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC),
- Court Clerk
- Postal Assistant, and
- Sorting Assistant
SSC CHSL 2020 Notification Important Dates
SSC CHSL Notification 2020 out: Take a look at the Recruitment Exam Dates and strategize your preparations accordingly.
|SSC CHSL 2020 Important Dates|
|SSC CHSL Notification Date||6th November 2020|
|SSC CHSL Online Form submission Start||6th November 2020|
|Last Date to Submit CHSL Application||15th December 2020|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Dates||12th April to 27th April 2021|
The exam schedule for the SSC CHSL 2020 exam has been provided by the SSC. Know the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam date, Tier 2 exam date, and skill test date:
SSC CHSL Admit Card
SSC CHSL Admit Card will be released by the commission before the exam which will be from 12th April to 27th April 2021. Candidates must note that it is mandatory to carry the admit card to the exam center without which candidates will be barred from taking the SSC CHSL examination. One must also carry a passport size photograph along with original id proof to the center.
SSC CHSL Vacancy
SSC has released vacancy for SSC CHSL, let’s have a look. The vacancies are released by the commission later in the recruitment process.
|Posts||SSC CHSL 2017 Final Vacancy (16th Dec 2019)||SSC CHSL 2018-19 Vacancy (16th May 2019)||SSC CHSL 2019-20 Vacancy (7th Jan 2020)|
SSC CHSL Notification 2021: Online Application Process
With the SSC CHSL Notification 2021 out, the link to apply online is activated where aspirants can fill the required details to apply for this exam. In order to be eligible for the SSC CHSL 2020-2021 exam, one must go through the following steps to apply online for SSC CHSL:
- Register yourself on the official SSC website for SSC CHSL where one will be provided with the registration number and password that should be saved for future purposes.
- Log in with your registration number & password.
- Click on apply online under SSC CHSL 2020 online application.
- Fill the details, make the payment (if required) and submit.
SSC CHSL Salary Structure
To get a detailed overview of the posts under SSC CHSL, one must be aware of the pay scale given to the employees. Here is the salary structure for SSC CHSL posts with pay band and grade pay revised as per the 7th Pay Commission.
|Post Name||Pay Scale|
|LDC/ JSA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)|
|PA/ SA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
SSC CHSL Educational Qualification 2020
The minimum educational qualifications essential to be possessed by the aspirants to be eligible for SSC CHSL are:
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL Age Limit 2020
One of the major eligibility criteria for SSC aspirants is the age limit. Candidates must be between 18-27 years for SSC CHSL. Candidates born not before 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2003 are eligible to apply.
SSC CHSL Application Fee 2020
- The application fee to be paid while applying for SSC CHSL is Rs. 100/-
- No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates as they are exempted from paying the fee.
- Application fees can be paid through offline or online methods.
SSC CHSL Selection Process
Candidates need to pass through 3 Tiers in order to be eligible to get appointed in the SSC CHSL exam. The selection process has been briefly mentioned in the table given below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Typing Test||Wherever Applicable|
Candidates must get themselves acquainted completely with the selection process to avoid any confusion in the future.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Tier 1 2020
The Tier 1 exam which is a first step towards getting the selection will be held from 12th April to 27th April 2021 where the aspirants will face a set of 100 questions to be attempted in 60 minutes that will add up to a total of 200 marks. The subjects along with the distribution of questions have been shown in the table given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
- The exam will be based on Multiple Choice Questions.
- 2 marks will be awarded for each right answer.
- A penalty of 0.5 marks for wrong answers will be given in all sections.
- Marks scored by candidates in Tier-I will be normalized.
- No sectional cut-offs will be there.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Tier 2 2020
- The SSC CHSL Tier 2 is a (DES) descriptive exam and is conducted offline.
- Candidates need to write an essay and a letter.
- This stage will test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- The time duration is 60 minutes and carries 100 marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Tier 3 (Skill Test/Typing Test) 2020
The skill test or computer proficiency test will be conducted to check the typing skills of the candidates and whether they are eligible to work on computers. Some points focussing on the SSC CHSL Skill test are as follows:
- The medium of the Typing Test will be Hindi and English.
- No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test as it is mandatory.
- This stage is qualifying in nature i.e. marks will not be added to the final merit.
- English medium Typing speed -> 35 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Hindi medium Typing speed -> 30 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO) post will be conducted where data entry speed will be tested.