The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary based questions is often asked in all Banking and Government Exams. We have been providing you with a daily dose of vocabulary to help you with overcoming your struggle in this section. The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Booster will help you in upcoming SBI PO, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS SO, NIACL AO, RBI Grade B, SEBI, NABARD, RRB JE, SSC CGL, RRB ALP, CWC, FCI, NTPC, IDBI, NHB exams as well.
The Hindu Editorial ( Itinerary symbolism) Vocabulary and Analysis
Itinerary symbolism: on PM Modi’s Maldives, Sri Lanka visit
- In a reaffirmation of New Delhi’s ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s first visit abroad is to the Maldives and Sri Lanka, while S. Jaishankar wraps up his first visit abroad as Foreign Minister to Bhutan. Leaders of several neighbouring countries were invited to Mr. Modi’s swearing-in ceremony. This is the first state visit by Mr. Modi to Male, which he had visited briefly for the swearing-in of President Ibu Solih in November 2018. A series of agreements are expected during the visits, including the implementation of an $800 million Line of Credit to the Maldives.
- The projects include a cricket stadium, water purification, and sewerage systems, as well as a Coastal Surveillance Radar System and a Composite Training Centre for the Maldives National Defence Force. This follows the Indian practice of fulfilling the needs of neighbouring countries that they themselves identify, much as it has done in Afghanistan.
- The Prime Minister’s visit to the Maldives aims to send a three-pronged message: to continue high-level contacts between close neighbours, assist as development partners, and strengthen people-to-people ties. For Sri Lanka, Mr. Modi’s message is one of solidarity in the aftermath of the Easter Sunday terror attacks and the communal violence that followed, as well as a commitment to continue bilateral cooperation on joint development projects agreed to in 2017. He will be the first international leader to visit Colombo since the attacks, and his visit sends a powerful message as Sri Lanka tries to recover from the trauma.
India’s Most Affordable Premium Practice Set
- The atmospherics today are in contrast to the comparatively trickier relationship with the previous governments in Male and Colombo during Mr. Modi’s first tenure. In 2015, Mr. Modi had cancelled a visit to Male at the last minute following concerns over then-President Abdulla Yameen’s crackdown on Opposition parties. Similar misgivings had cropped up regarding former Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s regime. China’s inroads into the region had formed a common thread straining ties with both countries.
- India protested when the Yameen government signed a free trade agreement with Beijing, and granted China land for development. It made its displeasure clear over the many infrastructure projects Mr. Rajapaksa granted to Chinese companies under heavy Chinese loans. Deeper concerns arose from the Chinese naval presence in both Male and Colombo. Now, the situation has turned. Governments in both countries have changed. Besides a charm offensive, India has chosen to mute its opposition to their continued cooperation with China on the Belt and Road Initiative.
- It also comes from a realisation in Delhi that at a time when factors such as the U.S.-China trade tussles and tensions in West Asia pose uncertainties, strong neighbourhood ties can provide much comfort.
GK Dose From The Hindu Editorial Analysis
- Sri Lanka, officially the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, is an island country in South Asia, located in the Indian Ocean to the southwest of the Bay of Bengal and to the southeast of the Arabian Sea. Wikipedia
Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
Prime minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe
Population: 2.14 crores (2017) World Bank
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Wordlist
1) REAFFIRMATION (Noun) = Reassertion, ( पुनरभिपुष्टि )
Synonyms = Reiterated, Reasserting
Antonyms = Retraction, contradiction
2) SEWERAGE (Noun ) = Drainage, ( मल जल निकास पाइप )
Synonyms = sanitation, canalization
Antonyms = irrigation, breathe
3) SURVEILLANCE (Noun) = supervision, ( निगरानी )
Synonyms = monitoring, oversight
Antonyms = carelessness, indifference
4) SOLIDARITY (Noun) = unity, ( एकता )
Synonyms = union, harmony
Antonyms = discord, a feud
5) DISPLEASURE (Noun) = Dissatisfaction, ( अप्रसन्नता )
Synonyms = annoyance, indignation
Antonyms = Happiness, Satisfaction
6) REALISATION (Noun) = Realization, ( विक्रय )
Synonyms = attainment, concretisation
Antonyms = foresight, invoice
The Credit of This Article Goes to The Hindu Newspaper!
Reading Daily The Hindu Editorial Will Improve Your Reading skill Along With Vocabulary
You May Also Like Some of Our Best E-Books & Practice Sets
- Reasoning New Pattern Coding-Decoding
- RRB NTPC Physics Questions General Science
- RRB NTPC Arithmetic Practice Set in Hindi And English
- Banking Awareness PDF Capsules for Bank & LIC Exams
- Ratio and Proportion Practice Questions For All Exams
- Banking Awareness Questions For LIC AAO & SBI PO
- English: Theme Detection Questions For LIC AAO| SBI PO| SBI Clerk|
- Reasoning Syllogism Questions For Bank Exam