UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam Analysis 2019
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is all set to conduct the Civil Services Exam on 2nd June 2019. The Civil Services exam is one of the most prestigious exams held in the country giving an opportunity to young aspirants to serve the nation by becoming an IAS, IPS, IRS, etc officers. This post will cover up all you need to know about the UPSC Civil services prelims exam.
UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam Pattern
|Name of the Paper||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper-I: General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper-II: General Studies (CSAT)||80||200||2 Hours|
- The exam will be Offline.
- 1/3rd Negative Marking is there.
- Candidates will have to score a minimum qualifying mark of 33% in Paper II: CSAT
- Paper II is qualifying in nature, merit to qualify for Mains examination will be based on Paper 1 only.
- The medium of exam will be Bilingual
- The marks scored in the Prelims exam will not be added to the total score for final merit.
UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam Analysis
In this post, we are providing the complete exam analysis of UPSC Civil Services exam that will give you a brief idea of the questions asked in the exam.
Paper-I: General Studies
The General Studies Paper includes:
- Current events of national and international importance,
- History of India and Indian National Movement,
- Indian and World Geography
- Indian Polity and Governance,
- Economic and Social Development,
- General issues on Environmental ecology,
- Bio-diversity and Climate Change and
- General Science.
Below table depicts the topic wise distribution of the General Studies:
|Topic||Number of Questions Asked|
|Art & Culture||4|
|Science & Technology||7|
|Current Affairs + Static||37|
Paper-II: General Studies (CSAT)
The second paper is of qualifying in nature and includes the following subjects:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision making and problem-solving;
- General mental ability;
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level),
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. — Class X level);
- FCI Exam Analysis & Review 2019: 1st June (Shift 1)
- FCI Exam Analysis & Review 2019: !st June (Shift 2)
India’s Most Affordable Premium Practice Set
You May Also Like Some of Our Best E-Books & Practice Sets
- Math E-Book PDF For Railway Exams RR NTPC RR JE Etc.
- 950+ GA PDF For SBI IBPS SSC Railway UPSC In Hindi
- 700 General Awareness Question PDF Asked in Previous Bank Exams
- English Error Detection Pdf for Bank exam Like SBI IBPS RRB Etc.
- Coding decoding Questions PDF For RRB NTPC Exam
- Chemistry One Liner PDF For RRB NTPC and JE
- Best 100 Number System Questions PDF For RRB NTPC & SSC Exams
- Indian Polity MCQ PDF For Various Competitive Exams