UPSC ESE Notification 2020: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the UPSC ESE 2020 Notification. The officials have invited applications for the Engineering Service Examination (ESE 2020) for around 495 vacancies. The UPSC ESE online application has started and candidates can apply online from September 25 till October 15, 2019.
Candidates will first have to check their eligibility and then apply for UPSC ESE 2019. In this article, we will provide you with all the details on UPSC ESE Notification 2020. Go through to know more.
UPSC ESE Notification 2020
Before getting into the details of UPSC ESE 2020 Notification, let’s have an overview of the exam.
|Exam Conducting Authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Exam||UPSC ESE Examination|
|Number of Vacancies||495|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online/ Offline|
|Stages of Selection||4 Stages (Prelims, Mains, Personality Test & Medical Examination)|
UPSC ESE Notification 2020 – Important Dates
The UPSC ESE 2020 important dates are as follows:
|Start of UPSC ESE Application||September 25, 2019|
|End of UPSC ESE Application||October 15, 2019 (Upto 6 pm)|
|Last Date For Fee Payment||October 15, 2019 (October 14 for Offline Payment)|
|UPSC ESE Application Withdrawal Starts||October 22, 2019|
|UPSC ESE Application Withdrawal Ends||October 28, 2019 (Upto 6 pm)|
|UPSC ESE Preliminary Exam||January 05, 2019|
|UPSC ESE Mains Exam||To Be Announced Soon|
UPSC ESE Notification 2020 Categories
Union Public Service Examination will be conducted for the following Categories:
- Category I – UPSC ESE Civil Engineering
- Category II – UPSC ESE Mechanical Engineering
- Category III – UPSC ESE Electrical Engineering
- Category IV – UPSC ESE Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
UPSC ESE 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates will have to meet the UPSC ESE Eligibility Criteria before you apply online for UPSC ESE 2020. Check the details below:
Nationality: The candidate must either be:
a) A Citizen of India, or
b) A Subject of Nepal or Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
c) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b) and (c) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit: The candidate must be between the age of 21 to 30 years. In other words, the candidate must be born not earlier than 2nd January 1990 and not later than 1st January 1999.
Candidate can have the following educational qualifications.
- An Engineering Degree in any discipline from a recognized university; or
- Must have passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
- Should obtain a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
- A passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
- Must have passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India, or
- passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959.
UPSC ESE Notification 2020 – Prerequisites
Candidates will have to know about the prerequisites before applying for UPSC ESE 2020
- A valid mobile number and email ID
- Scanned Copy of Photograph, Signature, and Photo ID Card (File Size – 20kb to 300kb)
Note that the scanned copy of Photograph, Signature should be in JPG format and Photo ID should be uploaded as PDF
How To Apply For UPSC ESE 2020?
1st Step: Visit the official website – upsconline.nic.in
2nd Step: Now click on the link – ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’
3rd Step: A new page will open. Now Click on ‘PART – I’ Registration Link
4th Step: Under Part- I registration candidates will have to fill in the basic details such as name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, email ID, etc.
5th Step: After the completion of Part – I registration, proceed by clicking on the Part-II registration link.
6th Step: Under Part-II registration, the candidate will now have to make the fee payment either through SBI Net Banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
7th Step: Now select the examination center and upload the scanned Photograph, Signature, Photo ID Card and Declaration as per the prescribed format.
8th Step: Now recheck all the details and click on ‘I Agree’ to submit the application form. Now submit the details. On successful completion of your application, an auto-generated email message will be sent on your registered email-id.
• If you did not receive an email, check whether you have submitted the details in Part-II. Also, no changes will be allowed in the filled details once the final submission is complete
• Candidates must submit only one application. If due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/ she must ensure that application with the higher Registration ID (RID) is complete in all respects.
UPSC ESE Notification 2020 – Application Fee
The candidates will have to pay an application fee of Rs. 200/‐ either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using any Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card.
Note that, no fee is to be paid for SC/ ST/ PWD and Female candidates.
UPSC ESE Notification 2020 – Selection Stages
The UPSC ESE 2020 has the following Selection Stages:
- UPSC ESE 2020 Preliminary Exam
- UPSC ESE 2020 mains Exam
- UPSC ESE 2020 Personality Test
- UPSC ESE 2020 Medical Examination
Note that, the candidates meeting the minimum qualifying marks in UPSC ESE 2020 Preliminary Exam will be called for the UPSC ESE 2020 Mains Exam. Further for the Personality Test, candidates will be called based on their performance in the Mains exam. The candidates called for the Personality Test will be twice the number of vacancies available for the post. Finally, the candidates will have to go through a Medical Examination and pass the test to stand eligible for the final selection.
UPSC ESE Notification 2020 – Exam Pattern
The UPSC ESE Exam Pattern for Preliminary and Mains exam is as follows:
UPSC ESE Preliminary (Stage – I )Exam Pattern
|Paper‐I: General Studies and Engineering Aptitude||200||2 Hours|
|Paper‐II: Civil/Mechanical g/Electrical Engineering/ Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering – whichever applicable||300||3 Hours|
UPSC ESE Mains (Stage – II )Exam Pattern
|Paper‐I: Civil/Mechanical g/Electrical Engineering/ Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (whichever you have applied for)||300||3 Hours|
|Paper‐II: Civil/Mechanical g/Electrical Engineering/ Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (whichever you have applied for)||300||3 Hours|
Stage -III – Personality Test will be conducted for 200 marks
- The UPSC ESE Preliminary Exam will be an Objective type test. On the other hand, the UPSC ESE Mains Exam will be a conventional type test (Pen and Paper-based)
- The Question paper will only be in English medium.
- In the prelims exam, the objective questions will have 4 options and one will be correct among the four.
- For every wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted whereas if no response is marked, no marks will be deducted.
- Besides, if multiple options are selected, it will be considered as incorrect attempt and 1/3 rd of the marks allocated to the question will be deducted.
UPSC ESE Notification 2020 – Exam Centres
Check the UPSC ESE Stage – I and Stage – II exam centers from the table below:
UPSC ESE Preliminary Exam (Stage – I) – Exam Centres
|ALLAHABAD||DHARWAD||KOCHI (COCHIN)||PORT BLAIR||UDAIPUR|
UPSC ESE Mains Exam (Stage – II) – Exam Centres
We have now provided you with all the information on UPSC ESE Notification 2020. Go through all the details mentioned here and apply online before the deadline. Besides that, with the time in hand start with UPSC ESE 2020 preparation. Cover the UPSC ESE 2020 syllabus and plan out towards a smart and effective study.
|To Join us Instagram Account||Click Here|
|To Join us Facebook Page||Click Here|
|To Join us Telegram Channel||Click Here|