IBPS PO Syllabus 2022 PDF
IBPS PO Syllabus 2022: Knowing the detailed syllabus is the initial step for preparing for any examination. IBPS PO Syllabus 2022 is much similar to any other banking examination. The appropriate knowledge of the syllabus carves out the apt strategy for the upcoming IBPS PO 2022 exam. Read the complete page to know the details of the important subjects of the IBPS PO syllabus for the Mains and Prelims exam.
Based on the latest pattern as given in the notification of IBPS PO 2022, the IBPS PO Syllabus has been discussed here. If there will be any change in the syllabus, then we will update here.
About IBPS PO Exam:
Every year the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection holds the IBPS PO Bank Exam to choose Probationary Officers in Public Sector banks. IBPS offers to hire administrations to all Public-Sector Banks, SBI, Associate Banks of SBI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, LIC and Insurance companies, and common part Banks of the IBPS society.
IBPS go ahead the Common Written Examination (CWE) in the year 2011 to select officers and assistants in Public Sector Banks. It accept online application through its official website for registration of the examination.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2022 : Overview
|Exam Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, IBPS|
|Name of Exam||IBPS PO 2022|
|Post||Probationary Officer (PO)|
IBPS PO Exam
|Prelims: 100 Marks Mains: 200 MarksDescriptive Test: 25 MarksInterview: 100 Marks|
|Duration of Exam||IBPS PO Prelims: 1 Hour IBPS PO Mains: 3 Hours + 30 Min|
|Marking scheme||1 mark each for every correct answer in Online Test|
|Negative marking||1/4th of the marks assigned to the question in MCQ|
|Mode of Examination||Online For Prelims & Mains|
|Language of examination||English OR Hindi|
English Language paper has to be attempted in English.
IBPS PO Selection Process:
The candidates who are preparing for the IBPS PO examination, are well aware about the exam pattern. The IBPS recruits the candidates based on the following process:
IBPS PO Exam is a three-tier process:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
All those students who will qualify the prelims examination will be called for the mains examination, and the students who will qualify the mains examination will be called for the interview round. It is compulsory to pass each of the Tests.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2022
IBPS PO Syllabus 2022: To expert IBPS PO exam, it is really necessary to know the detailed IBPS PO 2022 Syllabus. The syllabus is a part different for IBPS PO Preliminary Exam and IBPS PO Mains Exam. Let’s have a look at the syllabus of both these parts of the IBPS PO Exam:
IBPS PO Syllabus 2022 for Prelims Exam
The preliminary exam includes of one paper of 100 marks divided into 3 sections.
The IBPS PO Prelims syllabus covers the following subjects:
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
The latest pattern of exam introduced in 2019 has added a few chapters to each subject which were not included in the IBPS PO syllabus earlier. The IBPS does not specify a list of Chapters in their notification, hence the syllabus is pull up by analyzing previous years’ papers.
The following is the Topic wise breakdown of the IBPS PO Prelims syllabus:
IBPS PO Syllabus for Prelims Exam is mentioned below:
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus 2022 (Section Wise)
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability||Paragraph Completion|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
IBPS PO Prelims Preparation Books
|Name of the Books||Author/ Publisher|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination||R.S. Aggarwal|
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus 2022
The IBPS PO Exam Syllabus for the Main exam In addition to this, IBPS PO Mains syllabus is divided into four sections given below:
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude /Data Analysis & Interpretation
- General /Economy/ Banking Awareness/Current Affairs
- English (Essay and Letter Writing)
One has to clear the objective and descriptive to appear for the final round of selection i.e. Interview Section.
The IBPS PO Mains syllabus also covers Written English as a separate paper.
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern is similar to the pattern updated by IBPS the Previous year. Some of the important key changes introduced in the exam are:
- The Allotted Time for IBPS PO Mains Exam has been increased to 3 hours 30 minutes.
- The high level of the exam may rise due to the increase in the time period and the decrease in the number of questions (dropped from 200 to 155).
- The ‘Computer Awareness’ section has been removed and re-named as ‘Computer Aptitude’ which is combined with the Reasoning Ability section.
- ‘Quantitative Aptitude section has been re-introduced as ‘Data Interpretation and Analysis. It will now add questions from Data Interpretation as well.
- IBPS PO 2022 Main exam will include an English descriptive paper covering Essay and Letter writing for 25 marks within 30 minutes.
The IBPS PO Syllabus 2022 is mentioned below for the Mains exam
Data Interpretation and Analysis (60 Marks)
|Percentage||Ratio and Percentage|
|Data Interpretation||Mensuration and Geometry|
|Problems of Ages||Profit and Loss|
|Number Series||Speed, Distance and Time|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Time and Work|
|Number System||Data Sufficiency|
|Linear Equation||Permutation and Combination|
|Probability||Mixture and Allegations|
General Awareness (40 Marks)
- Financial Awareness
- General Knowledge
Reasoning and Computer Aptitude (60 Marks)
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Computer Abbreviation|
|Double Lineup||Microsoft Office|
|Blood Relations||Operating System|
|Directions and Distances||Networking|
|Ordering and Ranking||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Coding and Decoding||–|
English Language (40 Marks)
- Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
Note: The descriptive paper will be written in English and will require applicants to compose a letter and an essay. The paper will be worth 25 points and will take 30 minutes to complete. Only after the person gets a minimum score on the objective question will IBPS evaluate the descriptive paper.
IBPS PO Preparation Books
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|Advanced Bank Management||IIBF|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude||Arihant|
|General Studies 2022||B. Singh|
This is the last stage of the IBPS PO recruitment process in which questions can be asked from your academic background, Banking awareness, or Current affairs. An aspirant is expected to be in the know about him/her along with the happenings of the recent event around the world. Confidence and Good communication skills can help you to sail through this Phase.
Highlights of IBPS PO Interview
- Minimum marks to qualify the Interview phase is 40% for General Class students. Students belonging to reserved class must score at least 35% marks.
- Final Merit List is prepared on the basis of the marks in the Main exam and Interview performance.
- IBPS PO combined marks would be declared on the basis of scores obtained by the students in the Main Examination and Interview in the ratio of 80:20
- After the interview phase concludes, provisional allotment will be done as per the vacancies in different banks.
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Preparation Tips
IBPS PO is a highly competitive recruitment exam. The main difference between Preliminary and Mains exams lies in the level of high of the questions. Here are some Section wise preparation tips for the candidates:
Reasoning Ability Section
- The reasoning ability section is comparatively simple than other sections.
- Students should focus more on the analytical part. Some important chapters covered in the exam are Making Analogy, Coding-Decoding, Machine Input-Output, Syllogism, Puzzle, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relation, Ranking, and Order, etc.
General Awareness Section
- General Awareness is the easiest among all sections.
- Students should be updated with current affairs in order to score well.
- Most of the questions in this section are asked from current affairs.
- Along with General Awareness, students should be aware of the banking terms, abbreviation, and their updates.
- Some of the important topics are Indian Economy, Finance, Banking History Questions, Marketing, Awards & Honors Sports, Books & Authors, Agriculture, RBI Functions, and Fiscal-Monetary Policies, etc.
English Language Section
- The questions in this section are based on grade 10.
- To score well in this section, students should practice hard from reference books.
- This section tests the grammatical skills of the students appearing for IBPS PO exam.
- Aspirants should be thorough with the rules of grammar in order to score well in the exam.
- Some of the most important topics include- Fill in the Blanks, reading Comprehension, Idioms and Phrases, Error Detection, Preposition, and Sentence Improvement, Para jumble, etc.
- This section is considered to be difficult for all sections.
- Most of the questions in this section can be solved by using shortcut tricks and Formulas.
- The topics on which most of the questions are asked include Data Interpretation (DI), Number Series, Quadratic Equations, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Averages, Time and Work, Simplification, etc.
- It is considered to be simple in all the sections.
- The topics that can be prepared well to score high marks include Basics of Computers, Basic internet knowledge, and protocols, Network basics (LAN & WAN), Generations of computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts & Basic knowledge MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Computer Shortcuts, etc.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2022
Section-wise Weightage of Prelims Exam
|Section Name||No of Questions||Total Marks||Time|
|English Language||30 questions||30 marks||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35 questions||35 marks||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35 questions||35 marks||20 minutes|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks||60 minutes|
Section-wise Weightage of Main Exam
|Section Name||No of Questions||Time||Total Marks|
|English Language||35 Questions||40 minutes||40|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35 Questions||45 minutes||60|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45 Questions||60 minutes||60|
|General Awareness||40 Questions||35 minutes||40|
|English (Essay and Letter Writing)||2 Questions||30 minutes||25 Marks|
|Total||157 Questions||3 hours 30 minutes||225 Marks|
IBPS PO 2022 Interview Process
This is the last stage of this recruitment process in which questions can be asked from your academic background, Banking awareness, or Current affairs. A candidate is expected to be well aware of him/her along with the happenings of the day-to-day event around the world. Confidence and Good communication skills can help you to sail through this stage.
Check IBPS Related Links
|IBPS PO Notification 2022||IBPS PO Syllabus||IBPS PO Exam Date|
|IBPS PO Admit Card||IBPS PO Cut-offs||IBPS PO Study Material|
|IBPS PO Previous Year Papers||IBPS PO Salary||IBPS PO Result|
IBPS PO Syllabus 2022: FAQ
Q. What is the Syllabus for IBPS PO Prelims and Mains?
Ans- Prelims exam contain questions from the English Language, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. On the other side, in the Mains exam, questions are asked from English Language, Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, Data Interpretation & Analysis, and General Awareness.
Q. How many Phases are there in the IBPS PO exam?
Ans- Total Three Phases are there – (Prelims, Mains and Personal Interview)
Q. When will IBPS PO Registration start?
Ans- IBPS PO Registration will start from 5th August 2020 and will end in the month of 26th August 2020.
What is the age criteria to apply in the common written exam?
Ans- Minimum age criteria for appearing in the exam is 20 years and the maximum age is 30 years.
Q. What is the minimum educational qualification for IBPS PO exam?
Ans- Candidates must have completed graduation from a recognized University.