IBPS PO Syllabus 2020 for Prelims & Mains Exam (Topic-Wise): IBPS PO 2020 updated Exam pattern and syllabus has been released by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. Lakhs of Aspirants Prepare for the IBPS exam in the hope of becoming a banker. To start IBPS PO preparation, being aware of the official IBPS PO syllabus 2020 is the best step. The Preliminary and Mains Exam of IBPS PO are very important stages in the selection process. So without the IBPS PO syllabus, you cannot make your study plan in a proper way.
About IBPS PO Exam:
Every year the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection holds the IBPS PO Bank Exam to choose Probationary Officers in Public Sector banks. IBPS offers to hire administrations to all Public-Sector Banks, SBI, Associate Banks of SBI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, LIC and Insurance companies, and common part Banks of the IBPS society.
IBPS go ahead the Common Written Examination (CWE) in the year 2011 to select officers and assistants in Public Sector Banks. It accept online application through its official website for registration of the examination.
IBPS will be announcing an official notification for the post of Probationary Officers 2020 on its official website @ ibps.in.
IBPS PO 2020 Notification declared in the 04th August 2020 with 1417 Vacancies. The online application form will be available from 5th August 2020 to 26th August 2020.
In this article, Aspirants shall find the detailed section-wise syllabus for the upcoming IBPS PO Exam.
The competition level in the IBPS PO exam is very difficult, hence candidates should make familiar themselves with the IBPS PO syllabus to have a clear concept on the different subjects covered in the exam.
IBPS PO Syllabus (Overview)
|Number of Phases||3 (Prelim, Main and Interview)|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Exam Duration for Preliminary Phase||1 hour (60 minutes)|
|Exam Duration for Main Phase||3 hours 30 minutes (210 minutes)|
|Type of Questions||MCQs (Additional Descriptive paper in Main Paper)|
|Exam Mode||Prelims- Online, Main Exam- Both Online and Offline|
|IBPS PO 2020 Interview Maximum Marks||100|
|Minimum Qualifying Marks for the Interview||40% (35% for Reserved Category)|
IBPS PO Syllabus
IBPS PO Syllabus 2020: To expert IBPS PO exam, it is really necessary to know the detailed IBPS PO 2020 Syllabus. The syllabus is a part different for IBPS PO Preliminary Exam and IBPS PO Mains Exam. Let’s have a look at the syllabus of both these parts of IBPS PO Exam:
IBPS PO Syllabus for Prelims Exam
The preliminary exam include of one paper of 100 marks divided into 3 sections.
The IBPS PO Prelims syllabus covers the following subjects:
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
The latest pattern of exam introduced in 2019 has added a few chapters to each subject which were not included in the IBPS PO syllabus earlier.
The IBPS does not specify a list of Chapter in their notification, hence the syllabus is pull up by analysing previous years’ papers.
The following is the Topic wise breakdown of the IBPS PO Prelims syllabus:
IBPS PO Syllabus for Prelims Exam is mention below:
IBPS PO 2020 Syllabus for Prelims Exam (Section Wise):
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability||Paragraph Completion|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
IBPS PO Prelims Preparation Books
|Name of the Books||Author/ Publisher|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination||R.S. Aggarwal|
IBPS PO Syllabus for Mains Exam
The IBPS PO Exam Syllabus for the Main exam In addition to this, IBPS PO Mains syllabus is divided into four sections given below:
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude /Data Analysis & Interpretation
- General /Economy/ Banking Awareness/Current Affairs
- English (Essay and Letter Writing)
One has to clear the objective and descriptive to appear for the final round of selection i.e. Interview Section.
The IBPS PO Mains syllabus also covers Written English as a separate paper.
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern is similar to the pattern updated by IBPS Previous year. Some of the important key changes introduced in the exam are:
- The Allotted Time for IBPS PO Mains Exam has been increased to 3 hours 30 minutes.
- The high level of the exam may rise due to the increase in the time period and the decrease in the number of questions (dropped from 200 to 155).
- The ‘Computer Awareness’ section has been removed and re-named as ‘Computer Aptitude’ which is combined with the Reasoning Ability section.
- ‘Quantitative Aptitude’ section has been re-introduced as ‘Data Interpretation and Analysis’. It will now add questions from Data Interpretation as well.
- IBPS PO 2020 Main exam will include an English descriptive paper covering Essay and Letter writing for 25 marks within 30 minutes.
The IBPS PO Syllabus is mention below for the Mains exam
IBPS PO Syllabus for Mains 2020 (Section Wise):
|Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness||Reasoning Ability||Computer Aptitude||English Language|
|Simplification||Financial Awareness||Verbal Reasoning||Internet|
|Percentage||General Knowledge||Circular Seating Arrangement||Keyboard Shortcuts||Grammar|
|Ratio and Proportion||Static Awareness||Linear Seating Arrangement||Computer Abbreviation||Verbal Ability|
|Data Interpretation||Double Lineup||Microsoft Office|
|Mensuration and Geometry||Scheduling||Computer Hardware|
|Quadratic Equation||Input Output||Computer Software|
|Interest||Blood Relations||Operating System|
|Problems of Ages||Directions and Distances||Networking|
|Profit and Loss||Ordering and Ranking||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Number Series||Data Sufficiency|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Coding and Decoding|
|Time and Work||Code Inequalities|
|Permutation and Combination|
|Mixture and Allegations|
IBPS PO Preparation Books
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|Advanced Bank Management||IIBF|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude||Arihant|
|General Studies 2020||B. Singh|
This is the last stage of the IBPS PO recruitment process in which questions can be asked from your academic background, Banking awareness, or Current affairs. An aspirant is expected to be in the know about him/her along with the happenings of the recent event around the world. Confidence and Good communication skills can help you to sail through this Phase.
Highlights of IBPS PO Interview
- Minimum marks to qualify the Interview phase is 40% for General Class students. Students belonging to reserved class must score at least 35% marks.
- Final Merit List is prepared on the basis of the marks in the Main exam and Interview performance.
- IBPS PO combined marks would be declared on the basis of scores obtained by the students in the Main Examination and Interview in the ratio of 80:20
- After the interview phase concludes, provisional allotment will be done as per the vacancies in different banks.
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Preparation Tips
IBPS PO is a highly competitive recruitment exam. The main difference between Preliminary and Mains exams lies in the level of high of the questions. Here are some Section wise preparation tips for the candidates:
Reasoning Ability Section
- The reasoning ability section is comparatively simple than other sections.
- Students should focus more on the analytical part. Some important chapters covered in the exam are Making Analogy, Coding-Decoding, Machine Input-Output, Syllogism, Puzzle, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relation, Ranking, and Order, etc.
General Awareness Section
- General Awareness is the easiest among all sections.
- Students should be updated with current affairs in order to score well.
- Most of the questions in this section are asked from current affairs.
- Along with General Awareness, students should be aware of the banking terms, abbreviation, and their updates.
- Some of the important topics are Indian Economy, Finance, Banking History Questions, Marketing, Awards & Honors Sports, Books & Authors, Agriculture, RBI Functions, and Fiscal-Monetary Policies, etc.
English Language Section
- The questions in this section are based on grade 10.
- To score well in this section, students should practice hard from reference books.
- This section tests the grammatical skills of the students appearing for IBPS PO exam.
- Aspirants should be thorough with the rules of grammar in order to score well in the exam.
- Some of the most important topics include- Fill in the Blanks, reading Comprehension, Idioms and Phrases, Error Detection, Preposition, and Sentence Improvement, Para jumble, etc.
- This section is considered to be difficult for all sections.
- Most of the questions in this section can be solved by using shortcut tricks and Formulas.
- The topics on which most of the questions are asked include Data Interpretation (DI), Number Series, Quadratic Equations, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Averages, Time and Work, Simplification, etc.
- It is considered to be simple in all the sections.
- The topics that can be prepared well to score high marks include Basics of Computers, Basic internet knowledge, and protocols, Network basics (LAN & WAN), Generations of computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts & Basic knowledge MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Computer Shortcuts, etc.
IBPS PO Syllabus Weightage & Category
Section-wise Weightage of Prelims Exam
|Section Name||No of Questions||Total Marks||Time|
|English Language||30 questions||30 marks||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35 questions||35 marks||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35 questions||35 marks||20 minutes|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks||60 minutes|
Section-wise Weightage of Main Exam
|Section Name||No of Questions||Time||Total Marks|
|English Language||35 Questions||40 minutes||40|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35 Questions||45 minutes||60|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45 Questions||60 minutes||60|
|General Awareness||40 Questions||35 minutes||40|
|English (Essay and Letter Writing)||2 Questions||30 minutes||25 Marks|
|Total||157 Questions||3 hours 30 minutes||225 Marks|
- Check- IBPS PO Notification 2020
- Check- IBPS PO Exam Pattern
- Check- IBPS PO Syllabus
- Check- IBPS PO Study material
- Check- IBPS PO Previous Year Paper
IBPS PO Syllabus (FAQ) :
What is the Syllabus for IBPS PO Prelims and Mains?
Ans- Prelims exam contain questions from the English Language, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. On the other side, in the Mains exam, questions are asked from English Language, Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, Data Interpretation & Analysis, and General Awareness.
How many Phases are there in the IBPS PO exam?
Ans- Total Three Phases are there – (Prelims, Mains and Personal Interview)
When will IBPS PO Registration start?
Ans- IBPS PO Registration will start from 5th August 2020 and will end in the month of 26th August 2020.
What is the age criteria to apply in the common written exam?
Ans- Minimum age criteria for appearing in the exam is 20 years and the maximum age is 30 years.
What is the minimum educational qualification for IBPS PO exam?
Ans- Candidates must have completed graduation from a recognized University.
Download Best Free E-Books & Free Practice Sets
|Best 5000+ GK in Hindi Questions Answers PDF Notes||
|160+ Circular Arrangement Puzzle Free PDF Download Now|