SSC CHSL Syllabus 2021:
Staff Selection Commission has released the recruitment notification for 2020. Applications are invited from the eligible candidates. All the interested candidates can check the SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 along with the Tier-I Exam Pattern. The syllabus is very important for the applicants for their efficient preparation.
Here the completely updated SSC CHSL syllabus is given for your reference. The SSC CHSL Exam is highly competitive so that you have to prepare with quality study materials. For that, in preparation, you should not omit any topic in the SSC CHSL 2021 syllabus. So start your exam preparation with the updated SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020. All the topics are added in the syllabus given here. So you can use this for preparation with complete trust. Because of hand full pay and excellent career growth, every year aspirants will apply in large numbers for this exam
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2021
The SSC CHSL is one of the major exams for the aspirants for entering into the Central government jobs. Even the aspirants with the Schooling qualification can utilize this great opportunity. So, to crack an SSC CHSL Exam 2020 applicants should have knowledge about the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern. As the applicants are going to recruit in a fair manner, applicants must go through the various stages of the SSC CHSL recruitment process. To know further information about the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern applicants can check the below link.
The Recruitment Stages are
- Computer-based examination (Tier I)
- Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
- Skill test / Typing test (Tier III)
SSC CHSL Tier I – Exam Pattern
Applicants who are willing to appear for the SSC CHSL Exam must initially appear in the Tier I Preliminary Exam. Also, the candidates who qualify the Tier I exam are eligible to appear for the further rounds. The time duration is 60 minutes. 80 Minutes time duration applicable for candidates eligible for scribes. the negative marking is 0.5 marks for each wrong answer. Here, the exam pattern for the SSC CHSL Tier I Exams is given below.
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
SSC CHSL Tier-II – Exam Pattern
Here, the SSC CHSL Tier-II exam will be in the form of a Descriptive test. The test will be in the pen and paper mode. Through this round, the aspirant’s writing skills will be checked. Here, applicants have to write an essay on general topics. To get qualify in the SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam, applicants need to score 33 percent of total marks.
- Here, the aspirants have to write the exam for 100 marks within 60 minutes. 20 minutes of compensatory time will also be provided to the candidates eligible for scribes.
- All the questions are based on the concepts of the 10th standard.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/Application of approximately 150-200 words.
- Also, all the PWD applicants will get time compensation as per the government norms.
SSC CHSL Tier III – Exam Pattern
All the aspirants who clear the SSC CHSL Tier-II exam will have a chance to appear for the SSC CHSL Tier III Exam. Further, candidates must enter the Skill test based on their particular fields.
- The Skill Test/ Typing Test for the qualified candidates will be conducted on computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted in the cities where Regional Offices of the Commission are located or as decided by the Commission.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.
SSC CHSL Syllabus Tier 1
The questions asked in Tier 1 are included from four subjects; General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension. The overview of the section-wise SSC CHSL Exam syllabus 2020 is given in the below table. Candidates must go through all the topics, make a list of important topics and start studying to crack the exam.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning Syllabus||Quantitative Ability Syllabus||English Language Syllabus||General Awareness Syllabus|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
Now let’s take a look at each section separately and what are the important topics including in it. The detailed syllabus of each subject has been provided below:
CHSL Syllabus for General Intelligence & Reasoning
Reasoning Section is an important part of SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus 2021 that includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding and de-coding, and Other sub-topics if any numerical operations.
For your convenience, we are providing the exact number of questions asked from the General intelligence section in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 2018-19 Exam which was held in July 2019.
|S.No.||Topics||No. Of Questions||Level|
|2||Odd One Out||2-3||Easy|
|4||Statement & Conclusions||1||Easy-Moderate|
|12||Venn Diagram & Syllogism||2-3||Easy|
|13||Paper Folding Image||1||Easy|
SSC CHSL Syllabus for the English Language
English language in SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 includes Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelled words, Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
Go through the below table accurately summing up the number of questions from the central topics in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 2018-19 Exam which was held in July 2019. The distribution will help you prepare the topics accordingly.
|S.No.||Topics||No. Of Questions||Level|
|1||Fill in the Blanks||2||Easy|
|5||Idioms and Phrases||2||Easy|
|12||Cloze Test Passage||5||Easy-moderate|
SSC CHSL Quant Syllabus
The SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude syllabus is the lengthiest and gives a hard time to many aspirants. The topics covered in Quantitative aptitude have been listed below with the subtopics. Candidates must go through this syllabus and work accordingly.
- Arithmetic: Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometry: Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 + Cos2=1, etc.
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart
The SSC CHSL Quantitative aptitude syllabus covers the topics mentioned in the below table along with the total distribution. Check out below:
|S.No.||Topics||No. Of Questions||Level|
|5||Time & Work||1||Easy-Moderate|
|6||Speed & Distance [Train]||1||Easy-Moderate|
|7||S.I. & C.I.||1||Easy-Moderate|
|8||Profit & Loss||2||Easy|
|13||DI [Bar Graph]||5||Easy|
SSC CHSL Syllabus for General Awareness
Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy, and scientific research.
The difficulty level of the general awareness section can not be neglected when it comes to the SSC CHSL exam 2019-20. We have provided the number of questions from the relevant topics in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 2018-19 Exam which was held in July 2019.:
|S.No.||Topics||No. Of Questions|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2020-21
- The exam is of 60 minutes duration and carries 100 marks.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
- Paper 2 would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words
- Paper 2 would comprise writing of Letter /Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier 2 would be 33 percent.
- The performance in Tier 2 would be included in preparing the final merit.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
- Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus 2021
As mentioned above, this paper requires candidates to write an essay and Letter/Application that tests the writing skills of the candidates. The essay topics will be related to National Interest, Finance & Economy, Ecological Issues, Social Issues, Politics, Schemes & Governance, Technology, Sports, Geopolitics, Environmental Concerns, etc. While, the type of letter/ application asked will be Complaint, Suggestion, Application, Official Appreciation, Follow up or Feedback, etc.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Syllabus
Tier-III of SSC CHSL 2019-20 will be a Skill/ Typing Test which would be of qualifying nature. The final merit of the selected candidates will be based on the basis of the total score obtained in Tier 1 and Tier 2.
Skill test for Data Entry Operator:
In this test, a candidate must have a data entry speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour. The duration of the Test will be 15 minutes and an English document having about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions would be given to type.
|SSC CHSL Syllabus Tier III|
|Data Entry Operator||Data Entry Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on the computer.||The duration of the test will be for 15 minutes.Printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who will enter the same in the test computer|
|Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG)||The ‘speed of 15000 key depressions per hour will be considered on the basis of the correct entry of words or key depressions as per the given passage.||The duration of the test will be for 15 minutesPrinted matter in English containing about 3700-4000 key-depressions to enter the same in the test computer|
|Lower Division Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (LDS/JSA) and Postal Assistants/ Sorting Assistants (PA/SA)||The speed of 10500 key depressions per hour will be adjudged.||The duration of the test will be for 15 minutes.Printed matter in English containing about 9000 key-depressions/hour will be given to each candidate to enter the same in the test computer.|
SSC CHSL Syllabus FAQs
Q: What is the syllabus for SSC CHSL exam?
Answer: SSC CHSL exam syllabus includes important topics to prepare for tier-I paper.
Q: Who prescribes the SSC CHSL syllabus?
Anwer: The Staff Selection Commission prescribes the SSC CHSL syllabus on its official website.
Q: Is the syllabus prescribed for all tiers of the SSC CHSL exam?
Answer: No, SSC prescribes the CHSL syllabus for tier-I paper only.
Q: What is the duration of SSC CHSL exam?
Answer: SSC CHSL tier-I and II papers are of one hour duration each. SSC CHSL tier-III exam is of 15 minutes duration.
Q: Why is SSC CHSL syllabus important?
Answer: SSC CHSL tier-I holds maximum weightage in the exam. Therefore, going through SSC CHSL syllabus is imperative for candidates aiming to crack the recruitment exam.
Q: What is the weightage of all the tiers of SSC CHSL exam?
Answer: SSC CHSL tier-I holds weightage of 200 marks. The tier-II exam holds weightage of 100 marks. SSC CHSL tier-III is only a qualifying exam. This means that marks secured by candidates in tier-III exam will not be considered at the time of preparation of final SSC CHSL result.