SSC Stenographer exam is conducted for recruitment to Stenographer Grade C (Group B Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade D (Group C) for various ministries/ departments/ organisations in the Government of India. The notification and application form for the recruitment exam has released on October 10. The last date for submitting the application form is November 4.
Many candidates with stenography skills look for this recruitment throughout the year as it provides a great opportunity. The job makes it worth it with the number of benefits one gets in this post. Aspirants can go through the complete article and know about the eligibility criteria, selection procedure, and everything related to the recruitment.
Also Check:- 40+ SSC Stenographer Previous Year
|Start Date to Apply Online||10-Oct-2020|
|Last date to apply||10-Oct-2020 to 04-Nov-2020|
|SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ 2019 Exam||29-Mar-2021 to 31-Mar-2021|
|Skill Test Exam||To be notified later|
The age criteria for the SSC Stenographer 2020 exam is:
Stenographer Grade ‘C’: As per the notification, the minimum age to apply for the Stenographer Grade C is 18 years and maximum age is 30 years as on 01-08-2020
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
Stenographer Grade ‘D’: As per the notification, the minimum age to apply for the Stenographer Grade D is 18 years and the maximum age is 27 years as on 01-08-2020
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 27 years
Age Relaxation: A relaxation in age has been given to candidates of the below-mentioned categories:
|3||PH + Gen||10 years|
|4||PH + OBC||13 years|
|5||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
To be eligible for SSC Stenographer 2020 recruitment, a candidate must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University as on 01-08-2020
Note: Only those candidates who have the required skills in stenography are eligible to apply.
The SSC Stenographer selection process includes 2 stages namely:
- Computer-Based Examination
- Skill Test in Stenography
Computer Based Exam
The computer-based exam consists of 3 sections to be attempted in a total duration of 2 hours. The detailed exam pattern is given in the below table:
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|I.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
|III.||English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
- There will be negative marking of ¼ mark (0.25) for each wrong answer.
- Normalization: Marks scored by candidates in the Computer Based Examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit.
Skill Test In Stenography
Skill Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature.The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/ Hindi at the speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’.
|S. No.||Post Name||Language Of Skill Test||Duration|
|1||Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50 min|
|3||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40 min|
- Note: Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments.
- Candidates have to work as English/Hindi stenographers as per the functional requirement of the User Office irrespective of the medium of the Skill Test of a candidate during the examination.