SEBI Grade A Recruitment 2023: Securities and Exchange Board of India is a regulatory organization for the Indian securities market whose head office is located in Mumbai. SEBI aims to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote & regulate the development of the securities market. SEBI recruitment notification has been published for SEBI Grade A (Assistant Manager) in various streams inviting eligible graduates & post-graduates to be a part of their team. SEBI Grade A Notification 2023 for Assistant Manager posts will be released along with online registration dates and other details.
Table of Contents
SEBI Grade A Notification 2023
Securities and Exchange Board of India will release an official SEBI Grade A Notification PDF on its official website https://www.sebi.gov.in/. The SEBI Grade A Notification 2023 is expected to be released in January 2023. The candidates can check the official notification from the below link released for Assistant Manager posts for General Stream, Legal Stream, Information Technology Stream, Engineering Stream, Research Stream and Official Language Stream.
SEBI Recruitment 2023- Overview
Check the key highlights of SEBI Grade A Recruitment 2023 from the below table. The complete details for SEBI Grade A Assitant Manager posts will be released along with the notification, based on the previous year’s notification the details are tabulated below-
|Conducting Authority||Securities and Exchange Board of India|
|Posts (Streams)||General, Legal, Information Technology (IT), Research and Official Language|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Online Application||For 2023: December 2022 / January 2023 (Expected)For 2022: January 05, 2022, to January 24, 2022|
|SEBI Grade A Phase 1 (Prelims) Exam Date||For 2023: February / March 2023 (Expected)For 2022: February 20, 2022|
|SEBI Grade A Phase 2 (Mains) Exam Date||For 2023: March / April 2023 (Expected)For 2022: All Streams: March 20, 2022, IT: April 03, 2022|
|Mode of Selection||Prelims (Paper 1 & Paper 2), Mains (Paper 1 & Paper 2), Interview|
|SEBI Grade A 2022 Total Vacancy||For 2023: 100 + (Expected)For 2022: 120|
SEBI Grade A 2023 Important Date
SEBI Grade A Exam Date 2023 for Online Exam will be announced along with the notification released by the Securities and Exchange Board of India on https://www.sebi.gov.in/. The important dates for SEBI Grade A Recruitment 2023 will be updated here as soon as announced with the SEBI Grade A notification 2023.
Here are SEBI Grade A 2022 and 2023 online application start dates and exam dates for Phase 1, Phase 2 and Interview.
|Event||Dates 2022||Dates 2023 (Expected)|
|Application Start Date||January 05, 2022||December 2022 / January 2023|
|Application End Date||January 24, 2022||January / February 2023|
|Phase 1 Online Exam Date||February 20, 2022||February / March 2023|
|Phase 2 Online Exam Date||All Streams: March 20, 2022|
IT: April 03, 2022
|March / April 2023|
|Phase 3 – Interview||Call Letters Released on the 26th of April 2022||April 2023|
SEBI Grade A 2023 Online Application
The dates of online registration for SEBI Recruitment 2023 for 120 Grade A posts will be announced with SEBI Grade A Notification 2023. The candidates interested and eligible for SEBI Grade A (Assistant Manager) posts will have to submit their application form through online mode only. When the registration starts, the candidates can directly click on the below link and start filling out the application form.
SEBI Grade A 2023 Apply Online Link [Inactive]
Steps to Apply for SEBI Recruitment 2023
The candidates can follow the steps below to apply online for SEBI Recruitment 2023.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) @sebi.gov.in.
Step 2: Scroll down the page and click on the “Careers” section mentioned in the footer of the homepage.
Step 3: Search for “SEBI Recruitment Exercise for Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) – General Stream, Legal Stream, Information Technology Stream, Engineering Stream, Research Stream and Official Language Stream 2023”
Step 4: Click on “Online Application Link” and a new page opens on the screen.
Step 5: Click on New Registration and submit the required details like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc. Then click on the register button.
Step 6: Click on the submit button to the completed online registration. All the candidates will be issued a Registration ID.
Step 7: Then, log in with the provided Registration ID, date of birth, and password to complete registration for SEBI Grade A Recruitment 2023.
Step 8: In the next step, upload the Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression, and Handwriting declaration in the prescribed format.
Step 9: After filling up the application form, candidates need to preview the application form once to verify the entire data entered.
Step 10: Click on the Final Submit button after verifying the entire online application form.
Step 11: Then pay the required application fee to apply for SEBI Recruitment 2023.
Step 12: Get a printout of the SEBI Grade A online application form for future reference.
SEBI Grade A 2023 Application Fee
The candidates have to pay the requisite application fee while submitting their application form for SEBI Recruitment 2023. The payment can be made through online mode only & any application without fee will not be accepted.
|SC/ ST/ PwBD||Rs. 100/-|
SEBI Grade A 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To acquire the post of Assistant Manager in SEBI, a candidate must hold the required eligibility criteria which have been discussed below. The candidates who want to begin their career with SEBI can apply for these posts as no minimum experience is required to apply. Check the SEBI Grade A Eligibility Criteria from here and know whether you are eligible for SEBI Grade A Recruitment 2023.
SEBI Grade A Education Qualification
The educational qualification for various streams has been tabulated below.
|General||Master’s Degree in any discipline, Bachelors’ Degree in Law, Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering from a recognized university, CA / CFA /CS /Cost Accountant.|
|Legal||Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized Institute /University.|
|Information Technology||Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical /Electronics /Electronics And Communication /Information Technology/Computer Science) OR Masters in Computers Application OR Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a postgraduate qualification (minimum 2 years duration) in Computers/Information Technology.|
|Research||Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Finance) / Commerce / Econometrics /Economics /Statistics from a recognized University/ Institute.|
|Official Language||Master’s Degree in Hindi with English as one of the subjects at Bachelor’s Degree level or Master’s Degree in Commerce/ Economics / English /Sanskrit with Hindi as a subject at Bachelor’s Degree level from a recognized Institute/University.|
SEBI Grade A Age Limit
The candidate must fulfill the age criteria as per the releasing date of the official notification. Age criteria are as follows:
The maximum age limit is 30 years. The candidate must not be born on or after 01st January 1992. Age relaxation is provided for the reserved categories as per the government norms. See the table below:-
|Other Backward Classes(OBC), Non-Creamy layer (OBC-NCL)||3 years|
|The person with disabilities(General)||10 years|
|The person with disabilities (SC/ST)||15 years|
|The person with disabilities (OBC)||13 years|
|Ex-Service-men/ Disabled Ex-Service-men||5 years|
|Domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir from 1st January 1981- 31st December 1982||5 years|
SEBI Grade A Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The selection process for SEBI Recruitment 2023 will be conducted in three phases which are as follows-
- Phase I will be an online screening examination consisting of two papers
- Phase II will be an online examination consisting of two papers
- Phase III will be Personal Interview/Group Discussion
The final selection of the candidates will be made on the marks secured by the candidate in the Phase II Online Examination and the interview.
SEBI Grade A Recruitment 2023 Exam Pattern
Mode of selection shall be a three-stage process i.e.
- Phase 1 (Prelims),
- Phase 2 (Mains), &
- Phase 3 – Interview.
SEBI Grade A 2023 Phase 1 Exam Pattern (Prelims)
(On-line screening examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each),
- Paper 1 – 100 Marks – 60 Mins – 30% cutoff
- Paper 2 – 100 Marks – 40 Mins – 40% cutoff
|Paper||Streams/Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut-off|
|Paper 1||All Streams: MCQs on the subjects viz.|
1. General Awareness (including some questions related to the Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level),
2. English Language,
4. Aptitude Test of Reasoning.
|Paper 2||General Stream:|
Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics
Legal, Information Technology & Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized subjects related to the stream.
Research Stream: – Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance and Commerce.
Important Pointers to note about the phase 1 exam pattern:
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 1 and Paper 2 in Phase 1.
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1 (no sectional cut-off shall be there) and a cut-off of a minimum of 40% for Paper 2 in Phase 1.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in the Phase 1 exam to be shortlisted for Phase 2.
- Marks obtained in Phase 1 shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates for the Phase 2 examination process and will not be counted for the final selection of the candidates.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned all the candidates who clear Phase 1 shall be shortlisted for Phase 2. A list of candidates shortlisted for Phase 2 will be made available on the SEBI website.
SEBI Grade A 2023 Phase 2 Exam Pattern (Mains)
(On-line examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each) and
- Paper 1 – 100 Marks – 60 Mins – 30% cutoff
- Paper 2 – 100 Marks – 40 Mins – 40% cutoff
|Paper 1||All streams:|
(Descriptive Test) to
test the drafting skills
on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act, and Economics.
|Legal & Official Language Stream:|
Multiple choice questions on Specialized subjects related to the stream.
Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and Commerce
|Information Technology Stream: Coding Test (Languages: C++/JAVA/Python)||100||180 Minutes||40%||2/3rd|
Important Pointers to note about the Phase 2 exam pattern:
- Candidates shortlisted for Phase 2 will be issued new Hall Tickets.
- For candidates who have applied in multiple streams, Paper 2 will be conducted in various shifts, the timings of which will be intimated in the Hall Ticket. Paper 2 of the IT stream shall be held separately on April 03, 2022.
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 2 in Phase 2 (except IT stream).
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1 and a cut-off of a minimum of 40% for Paper 2 in Phase 2.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned at (iv) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 50% in Phase 2 exam (weightage of 1/3rd for Paper 1 and 2/3rd for Paper 2) to be shortlisted for Phase 3.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned at (v) above, candidates equaling 3 times the number of vacancies shall be shortlisted, in order of merit, for Phase 3 i.e. the Interview. A list of candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be made available on the SEBI website.
- All question papers (in both the Phases, except the test of English) will be set bilingually in Hindi and English.
SEBI Grade A 2023 Phase 3 (Interview)
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. The application fee shall not be refunded to the candidates not shortlisted for Phase 2 and the Interview. Candidates may opt for an interview either in Hindi or English. The weightage of marks obtained in Phase 2 will be 85%, while marks obtained in the interview shall be given a weightage of 15%.
- SEBI reserves the right to modify the selection procedure if deemed fit.
Q1. Is SEBI Grade A Assistant Manager Salary revised?
Ans. The revised basic salary of SEBI Grade A Assistant Manager is Rs. 44,500 with a pay scale of Rs. 44500-2500 (4)- 54500-2850 (7)- 74450-EB-2850(4)- 85850-3300 (1)- 89150 (17 years)
Q2. Is experience required to apply for SEBI Grade A 2023?
Ans. No, there is no requirement in terms of experience mentioned in the notification.