SSC Selection Posts 2019 Notification
SSC Selection Posts 2019 Official Notification: SSC has released the official notification for the SSC Selection posts where candidates can apply according to their educational qualifications for various selection posts under Matriculation, Higher Secondary and Graduation & above levels. Candidature of candidates not meeting the eligibility conditions will be canceled at any stage of the recruitment process without any notice. So, candidates should thoroughly read the notification and check if they are eligible to apply as per the requirements. There are almost 236 posts that you can check your eligibility for. This post will provide you the complete details of SSC Selection post recruitment along with the selection process, age limit, educational criteria and much more.
SSC Selection Posts: Important Dates
Below are the important dates that should be noted before applying for the SSC Selection Post.
|Dates for submission of online applications||06-08-2019 to 31-08-2019|
|Last date for receipt of application||31-08-2019 (up to 5.00 P.M.)|
|Last date for making online fee payment||02-09-2019 (5.00 PM)|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||02-09-2019 (5.00 PM)|
|Last date for payment through Challan||04-09-2019|
|Date of Computer Based Examination||14-10-2019 to 18-10-2019|
SSC Selection Posts: Age Limit
The Maximum age for various posts is 30 whereas the minimum age is given as 18but there are 236 region-wise different posts where the age limit differs according to the post you are applying for. For e.g for some posts, the criteria are 20-25, for others it 18-27. Please check the post wise age criteria in the given notification.
SSC Selection Posts: Examination Process
- Computer-Based Examination
- Document Verification
There will be three separate Computer Based Examinations consisting of Objective Type Multiple Choice questions, for the posts with minimum Educational Qualification of Matriculation, Higher Secondary, and Graduation & above levels.The details of subjects, marks, and the number of questions subject-wise will be as given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Total Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes (80 minutes for
candidates eligible for scribes)
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
Important Points To Be Noted
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examination will be normalized.
- Skill Tests like Typing/ Data Entry/ Computer Proficiency Test, etc., where prescribed in the Essential Qualification, will be conducted, which will be of qualifying nature.
SSC Selection Posts: Application Fee
Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs. one hundred only).
Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with disability (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
SSC Selection Posts: Important Points
- Candidates who apply for more than one post in the same Region/ apply for different posts in different Regions/ apply for posts of different levels (Matriculation, Higher Secondary, and Graduation and above) in the same or different Regions are “common candidates”. Such “Common candidates” will be issued Admission Certificates for all posts by all Regional/ Sub-Regional Offices.
- Common candidates must appear only once in the examination for one level of post, otherwise, their candidature shall be cancelled.
- Candidates scoring less than cut-off marks as given below will not be considered for the next stage of recruitment:
OBC/ EWS : 30%
Other categories: 25%
- Depending on the number of vacancies of a particular category of post, candidates will be shortlisted for the next stage of scrutiny based on the score and merit of candidates in the Computer Based Examination in the following ratio:
(a) In the ratio of 1:20, for up to 5 vacancies for any category of posts.
(b) In the ratio of 1:10, for more than 5 vacancies for any category of posts, subject to minimum 100.